I’m grateful for miracles!
Last night while walking from my car to the Salt Lake Temple a woman stopped me. She asked if I was planning to do initiatories and if I could help with family names. She gave me 10, and I did that for her :)
Is that miraculous?
Let me share some before and after. Starting a week and a half ago…
1. A friend bought tickets to Wonder. She planned to go with her roommate, who had to cancel, so she invited me instead on Sunday (12th November).
2. Thursday (16th November) we saw the movie, and I loved it :)
3. Saturday (18th November) I placed a hold on the book Wonder at the public library. I was #47 on the waiting list, expecting to wait a few months.
4. Yesterday (Tuesday 21st November) I got an email that the book was available to pick up (still don’t get how I skipped 46 people!), and picked it up on the way home from work.
5. I had planned to attend the 7 PM endowment session, but picking up the book delayed my progress, and I didn’t park until 7 — too late.
6. I decided to do initiatories instead.
Now, back to where I started…
While walking from my car to the temple, I prayed for Heavenly Father to help me find hope. Shortly after I ran into friend exiting the temple :) He greeted me kindly. Then Theresa stopped me. She gave me family names and was so thankful for my help :)
Inside the temple, one of the initiatory workers spoke to me in German. I served a mission in Germany :)
And while doing initiatories I noticed that the baptisms and confirmations for most of the 10 names were performed on September 29th.
That’s my birthday :)
Is that miraculous?
I think so :) Here are a few reasons why…
A friend has called me a few times in the last several weeks to tell me about miracles in her life. I told her at one point, “I think the reason you see so many miracles is because you’re looking for them, and because you’re grateful for them.” Her attitude helped me want to see life that way too.
Nephi stated in the first chapter of the Book of Mormon:
…the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance. (1 Nephi 1:20)
What are those tender mercies? Elder Bednar explained:
…the Lord’s tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ.
For me this very personal and individualized blessing was a miracle :)
Because that’s how I choose to see it. I choose to see Heavenly Father’s hand in each of those chances starting 9 days ago. He knew then that I would need the tender mercy yesterday. That was my Heaven’s White Noise.
p.s. Happy Thanksgiving!